Global Markets FX Trader(G10 Spot), Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Markets is seeking to hire a AVP G10 FX Spot Trader. This position will report to the Head of G10 FX Spot & Forward Trading in APAC. This position is a Hong Kong-based role Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Global Markets FX Trader (G10 Spot) you will
What we value
- The successful candidate will be responsible for quoting and managing G10 FX risk. The candidate will be responsible for pricing clients and managing the banks internal orderbook as well as being expected to take proprietary risk within defined limits and achieve set revenue targets.
- To have oversight of G10 FX risk in MACH (our electronic platform) and to work with our eFX team regionally and globally on enhancing our risk management within MACH.
- To provide exceptional support and pricing to our regional and global sales teams in order to support the sales business and grow our franchise.
- To adhere and to and be aware of all compliance and regulatory requirements that go with being a trader at State Street.
- As well as G10 spot trading, the successful candidate will also learn G10 Swaps and Forwards to enable greater product knowledge/coverage for the desk.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong team player.
- A candidate who is able to work in a highly competitive and pressured environment.
- Coding skills would be beneficial
About State Street What we do.
- 2-3 years' experience preferable within FX preferable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be a candidate who is confident, hardworking and an employee who maintains very high ethical standards in how they conduct themselves within the workplace.
- Ability to engage, identify and take on opportunities beyond individual responsibilities.
- To be aware/adhere to all regulatory and ethical market practices (training will be provided).
- The ability to work with sales in a proactive way to win client volume.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers