Global Markets, Associate/VP, Market Structure Transition
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. YOUR IMPACT
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Description:
The Market Structure Transition team create and manage implementation of strategies to guide Goldman Sachs and its clients through the changes that are occurring in the financial market landscape. We identify areas of particular risk and opportunity for the firm and its client base and develop strategies to address them. The role will include working closely with Divisional Leadership, Sales, Trading, Strats and other stakeholders like Operations and Engineering. Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders across Global Markets , with a focus on leading efforts in APAC region, to achieve best-in-class regulatory implementation and develop front office market structure strategy. Collaborate to creatively problem solve and implement long-term strategic solutions.
- Help clients to navigate changing market structures and an evolving regulatory environment, through written educational material and direct conversations.
- Focus on driving strategy for GMD regulatory change projects, deploying a strong knowledge of GS's business practices, the regulatory backdrop and cross-asset market structure themes.
- Develop expertise and thought leadership the themes which the Market Structure Transition team cover. Particular focus on APAC regulations.
- Inform strategic decisions based on multiple sets of data, ranging from business volumes to various balance sheet metrics and ratios.
- Participate in relevant APAC industry forums and develop market relationships to help inform GS advocacy and strategy towards change.
- Good understanding of sales and trading workflows from buy-side, sell-side and trading venue perspectives.
- Advanced understanding of regulatory and market structure environment in APAC.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated. Ability to create and enhance their own book of work and embrace opportunities as they appear.
- Excellent team work and team leadership skills, intellectual curiosity and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, including clients and internal counterparts. Ability to build consensus - as the work will involve many stakeholders.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity