Global Investment Research, Senior Consumer Analyst, Vice President, Hong Kong/ Shanghai
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Consumer team in Hong Kong/ Shanghai, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This is a high profile role within the Global Investment Research Division in Hong Kong/ Shanghai, responsible for leading single-stock coverage for a cohort of large sized Consumer companies. The role will utilize your proven industry expertise, communicating with impact in both written and verbal form, in addition to producing regular, high-quality and original research on both the consumer industry and covered companies.
Principal responsibilities include:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Building, maintaining and updating company forecast and valuation models
- Analyzing market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis for China Consumer sector
- Write research notes on companies under coverage
- Working on company / sector-specific projects
- Conducting statistical analysis of economic data, fundamentals, and relevant correlations of the data
- Working closely with Content Management Group to ensure timely publication of research reports
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
- University degree (finance, accounting major preferable)
- Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work/conduct independently and with limited supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong ability to perform financial statement, business and valuation analysis
- Comparable business/financial/consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for equity research.
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity