Global Investment Research, PhD Fellowship
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is a global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. We provide a wide range of servicesto a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, institutional investors, governments, non-profit organizations and high net worth individuals. Our headquarters are in New York and we maintain significant offices in London, Hong Kong, Singapore,Tokyo and other financial centers around the world. ABOUT GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH DIVISION
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, Global Investment Research (GIR) develops tools and insights to help shapeinvestment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, andcommodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. We provide investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and economies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns through our creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include mutual funds, hedge funds and pension funds, among others. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS THE FELLOWSHIP
Goldman Sachs is seeking PhD candidates or graduates with non-finance backgrounds to participate in a 6-12-month paid fellowship. The Fellowship will enable PhDs to explore a potential career transition into Equity Research. The Fellows are provided with training and handson experience on a research team as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with senior analysts in Healthcare Team with a focus on Biotech coverage to analyze companies and
stocks within the sector and the factors that affect the industry as a whole.
• Researching and critically analyzing market information.
• Auditing company and industry data and statistics.
• Assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients.
• Building and maintaining financial models.
• Preparing pre-results and post results updates on companies.
• Analyzing market share, macro trend, and cross company and sector data.
• Working on company specific projects.
• Updating monthly reports, marketing books, and weekly reports.
• Updating and maintaining daily valuation sheets. QUALIFICATIONS
• Good understanding of the Healthcare industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Exceptional analytical skills, lateral thinking, and judgment
• A proactive approach and a high level of enthusiasm
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Demonstrates interest in international markets
• High degree of client service
• Strong multi-tasking ability and commercial skill sets
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity