Global Investment Research, Financials, Analyst, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Financials sector team in Hong Kong, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY
The successful candidate would be working closely with the senior analyst in the Hong Kong Financials teams to analyse companies and stocks within the sector and the factors that affect the industry as a whole.
- Building strong industry knowledge of the banking/ financials industry
- Building, maintaining and updating company and industry models
- Analyzing market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Interpreting data and perform analysis on market, economic and technology trends
- Assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients
- Responding to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
- Developing relationships with internal and external clients including company Investor Relations
- departments, and handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in investment research, comparable business/financial/consulting experience preferred
- Strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills - experience in Excel and working with financial models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, and valuation
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity