Global Head of Legal, Private Wealth Solutions - Global Legal
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group's reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Global Head of Legal, Private Wealth Solutions
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide legal advice, guidance and support to Private Wealth Solutions (PWS) and exercise oversight of all PWS Legal activity, and act as deputy to the Global Private Banking Asia Head of Legal
- Ensure the legal risks of the PWS business are managed within risk tolerance, and assist the business and other functions to procure the same in relation to regulatory and reputational risk.
- Manage a global legal function for PWS and in particular manage and, as appropriate, develop a global team of lawyers, including ensuring adequate training and development
- Provide clear, accurate, succinct and risk-mitigated advice within relevant timescales and in doing so to adopt a commercially oriented, proactive and practical approach
- Support business objectives, strategy and initiatives within PWS and wider Group risk tolerance and represent Legal at senior management and governance forums
- Share skills, experience, and best practice with the Legal team and to proactively identify legal risks trends and increase legal risk awareness within the PWS businesses
- Advise on and participate in planning, decision-making and documenting new products, changes in procedures, systems and policies
- Identify changes in relevant laws affecting the PWS business and initiate appropriate action
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Qualified trust professional with extensive post qualification experience in the trust business in a common law jurisdiction
- Excellent knowledge of trust and wealth structuring, intergenerational succession planning and family governance as well as common risks and issues affecting trust companies
- Excellent knowledge of common law trust law and, where relevant, legislation and regulations, codes and guidelines relevant to private trust business.
- Alignment to HSBC values - dependable, open and connected with a strong sense of doing the right thing
- Highly effective verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- A proven leader, confident, independent and able to lead from the front both at senior business forums and within the Global Private Banking Legal team
- Consensus builder with a clear understanding of the role of PWS within the Global Private Banking family and the wider HSBC Group of businesses, able to establish close mutually supportive working team relationships with key PWS stakeholders, Global Private Banking Legal, other members of the Hong Kong Legal team and the wider Global Legal Function
- Self - driven and resourceful, with a can-do attitude and a proven ability to triage and prioritise
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.