TOM Singapore are currently supporting a well-known international commodities house, in finding an experienced Internal Audit professional to create the framework & lead their audit strategy. This position reports directly to the Chairman and Board Audit Committee & can be based within their Hong Kong or Singapore office. The selected candidate will be required to develop, manage as well as implement the firm’s entire Internal Audit framework with the help of the CRO and risk team.
- Hands on ability to design, manage and execute an internal audit strategy & framework – addressing all potential financial, operational, compliance, environmental and strategic risks
- Ensure risks are appropriately identified and managed in a timely manner
- Provide regular reporting to the Board Audit Committee
- Working closely with various heads of the business - evaluating governance, ops and information systems reliability and integrity
- Ensuring any recommended remedial action is implemented
- Hold sole responsibility for developing and executing the annual audit program
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Professional qualifications including ACCA, CPA, Certified Internal Audit or equivalent
- Minimum of 15+ years of relevant experience, ideally within a large accounting firm and/or related financial services organization
- Prior knowledge & experience within a trading environment with an ability to understand physical trading operations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to challenge established work processes and influence change
Should you meet the above requirements & would like to learn more about the role - please forward on your CV highlighting any prior commodities / trading experience.