Global Financial Crimes - Private Wealth Management, Director (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within the Legal and Compliance Division provide a wide range of services to our internal and external stakeholders. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the Firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with a Legal and Compliance framework that meets regulatory requirements. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firm’s businesses.
Morgan Stanley Global Financial Crimes (“GFC”) coordinates day-to-day implementation of the Firm’s enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering Program and required regulatory reporting. GFC provides advice and counsel to the business units and employees worldwide regarding their AML, economic sanctions and Anti-boycott compliance obligations. GFC also develops and/or assists in the development of appropriate policies and procedures, including those designed to assist the business units to know their clients and conduct appropriate due diligence, and to prevent, detect and report potentially suspicious activity. GFC has dedicated coverage managers and teams of analysts who advise and counsel each business unit regarding its AML obligations and its particular clients and transactions.
As part of Morgan Stanley’s ongoing commitment to prevent and detect money laundering and terrorist financing, the Firm has adopted a comprehensive, risk-based program to ensure compliance with counter- terrorism and AML laws, rules, regulations, and government guidance.
The successful candidate will cover our Private Wealth Management business with the following primary responsibilities: - Conduct AML advisory services for PWM client onboarding and periodic reviews
- Provide operational support to processes related to High Risk Client Reviews, customer due diligence, OFAC/Sanctions Issues, adverse news screening, PEP reviews, Training etc.
- Assist in global and local projects, thematic reviews or other ad hoc initiatives
- Management reporting and statistics to local and global stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 7-9 years of professional experience as an Auditor, Compliance or AML Specialist.
- Professional qualifications such as ACAMS, CPA a plus.
- An analytical mind with attention to detail.
- Team player with ability to work independently in a face-paced environment.
- Bright, motivated and keen learner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in written Chinese (traditional or simplified) advantageous.