Principal Global Equities, part of Principal Global Investors, managing approximately 90 Billion USD in AUM is looking for an experienced Global Emerging Markets Equity Analyst to join our research team.
As a member of the Greater China Research team, this Analyst will make specific company recommendations and provide essential insights into industry trends supporting global emerging markets and regional portfolios in keeping with our firm's investment philosophy and process. Consistent across all strategies, our approach is to evaluate and select stocks from a broad investment universe and construct portfolios in alignment with specific objectives and risk management parameters supported by our proprietary quantitative tools. We seek companies demonstrating positive fundamental change, with exploitable expectation gaps and pricing anomalies. Our conviction is built on fundamental bottom up insights rather than making macro based calls.
• MBA with finance emphasis and/or Chartered Financial Analyst designation required.
• Three plus years investment experience working as an Equity Analyst required. All sector experiences considered, however a preference for Consumer and Communication Services experience.
• Prior Greater China, Asian or GEM research experience required. China A Share experience strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills and solid understanding of valuation techniques.
• Must have the ability to work within a team in a self-directed basis.
• Possess a clear passion for the markets and investing.
• Must have excellent English and Mandarin written and verbal communication skills to effectively contribute to our global structure.
Although this position will be based in Hong Kong, some training and travel to the United States and regional research travel is likely. The emerging markets team works across offices in Hong Kong, New York and Des Moines. The role is contingent upon the company’s ability to obtain proper immigration authorization for Hong Kong if required.
Please submit an application with a resume to HR-Asia@exchange.principal.com