Our client is one of the largest listed Chinese Financial institution - as part of their expansion plan, they are currently seeking a General Counsel/ Legal Counsel to join their HK office.
- Draft, review, advise and negotiate on all general commercial contracts and agreements.
- Provide timely and professional legal advice to the board and management on the businesses, operations, and investment activities from the legal and compliance perspectives
- Liaise with external counsel, regulatory and statutory bodies (i.e. HKEx, SFC, HKMA, PIBA etc.) on a wide range of legal issues including litigations and dispute resolution
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, rules, regulations, code, policies and guidelines
- Assess risk on various projects and potential transactions, and provide legal advice to business
- Monitor development in laws, regulations and on-going compliance issues that will impact the business, and prepare reports on relevant matters to management
- Admission to practice Law in Hong Kong
- Qualified lawyer with 8 – 10 years post qualification experience / minimum of 5 years of in-house legal experience, preferably at least three of which were gained from Hong Kong listed company and/or financial institution / Minimum 3 years corporate finance and banking experience in a law firm or a legal department
- Extensive knowledge of commercial laws, project financing, Hong Kong Stock Exchange listing rules, SFO requirements and Takeovers Code
- Good command in written and spoken English and Chinese including Mandarin