Excellent role for lawyers who wish to work with one of MOST prominent fund managers in Asia!
Your New Company
Our client is an Asset Manager / Hedge Fund headquartered right here in Hong Kong with offices in Singapore, Tokyo and the UK holding SFC Type 4 and 9 licenses. The fund was founded over 25 years ago, and their strategy is dedicated exclusively to Asian equities. The capital managed by this fund has increased by over ten folds since its inception. They are also one of the first funds to invest heavily in the healthcare and health-tech sector leading them to be a market / industry leader. Due to the expansion of the business, they are now looking for a General Counsel. This role will oversee the legal and compliance function of the company.
- Ensure that the business operates in compliant within Fund Manager Code of Conduct and SFO;
- Advise on legal and regulatory compliance requirements, and optimize the group legal structure;
- Play a key role in providing compliance input when setting up new investment products;
- Support investment team (PE & Asset Management) in maintaining an effective compliance, control system and well as legal due diligence;
- Handle day-to-day legal tasks related PE & Asset Management;
- Perform pre-trade and post-trade compliance monitoring and investigation;
- Identify conflicts of interest within the group, in light of the group legal structure and directorship and outside interest of key management;
- Review new product proposal and assist in the product documentation and registration process;
- Keep abreast on regulatory developments and advise management and department accordingly;
- Perform periodic monitoring/ surveillance according to relevant regulations and internal policies;
- Negotiate, draft and review legal documents, fund documents, and investment agreements
- Provide legal advice to management and business units of the Company
- Work closely with COO and provide general supports to the operations and risk team
- Promote, encourage and provide training on industry best practices
- Common law qualified lawyer
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in financial institutions;
- Good knowledge of the financial markets and investment products;
- Strong knowledge of SFC rules applicable to Asset Management business with a strong ability to interpret regulations and assess operational compliance standard;
- Familiarity with trading activities and their legal aspects would be a plus;
- Entrepreneurial, driven, enthusiastic and versatile. "Roll-up-the-sleeves" attitude, hands-on and able to work in a team are essential;
- Excellent command of spoken and written Chinese and English (including Mandarin).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for further information and a confidential discussion on this role or to find out about more opportunities in the in-house legal space, please contact Adrian Lam at Hays on +852 2230 7432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.