BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
A key member in Equities & Derivatives Application Support group providing production support on Front Office Pre&Post-trade activities.
• Be responsible for the applications support of Equities & Derivatives Trading and Sales business, focus on the Structured Product Sales related system platform, deal pricing mechanism, trade routing workflow, computation grids and other pre-trade related platforms.
• Required to support internal clients, troubleshoot and diagnose functional and technical issues in the production environment.
• Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to local / overseas development teams; enhance legacy Excel VBA if necessary.
• Conduct system Quality Assurance test, perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications.
• Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems - monitor the performance⁄ operation, diagnose and address any problems.
• Work closely with development teams, business analysts, architects and infrastructure teams to enhance existing platform. eg: resilience, BCP, system performance and low latency.
• Drive regular performance review with counterparty on different pricing and referential systems worldwide. Conduct regular or ad-hoc pricing performance analysis by extracting data from different databases, automating using Unix and Excel scripting.
• Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures.
• Provide system and process documentation.
• Shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required. Competencies (Technical / Behavioural) Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
• Good client management and interpersonal skills
• Good communication and coordination skills
• Knowledge on derivative products including OTC structure products and Greeks Risk metric
• Technical knowledge on Excel VBA
• Solid scripting and automation skills required using python and shell scripting
• Good SQL skill on Sybase and Oracle
• Experience with system monitoring
• Reliable and good attention to details Qualifications and Experience :
• University qualification preferably with IT major.
• Solid experience on supporting trading floor
• 5 -8 years of experience desired