GI&RC Portfolio Risk Associate, AVP
Credit Analysis and Approvals
Portfolio Management & Reporting
- Candidate will need to become familiar with ICG Risk Policies and HKMA supervisory guidelines.
- Support Country Risk Manager (CRM) in various portfolio management activities including ongoing monitoring of tripwires/triggers/covenants, stress tests (periodic and adhoc/thematic), portfolio level risk reporting and monitoring, and data integrity checks etc.
- Review Credit Memos - Annual Reviews, EUDDs
- Interface with Banking, Product, and Risk counterparts on credit approval and execution of transactions.
- Participate in management of distressed credits and documentation reviews
- Work with the CRM to maintain and update the Guidelines for Approved Elsewhere Process for Hong Kong including the recently approved streamlined Annual Review Process for names meeting certain metrics/thresholds agreed with HKMA.
- Prepare semi-annual portfolio review of Regional Credit including portfolio report, economic overview, and classification heat-map.
- Manage stress testing including HK Regional Credit input for annual CCAR/ICG Corporates Global Stress Tests as well as ad hoc/thematic stress tests
- Investigate portfolio movements and data quality issues; as required provide clarification or remediate issues
- Prepare cost of credit forecasts
Franchise/Legal Vehicle Governance
- Ensure that Hong Kong Regional Credit activities are compliant with ICG Risk Policies and applicable US/HKMA regulations. Identify potential issues/gaps, implement remedial actions if required and drive to completion
- Drive implementation of new regulatory and industry requirements as they arise
- Coordinate with FIN and FRI on regulatory reporting for CBNA HK. Work with FRI on any new regulatory reporting requirements.
Manage internal and external reviews/audits
- Legal Vehicle Governance - assist CRM on regulatory compliance and satisfactory governance framework for booking of the wholesale credit exposures/portfolios
- IFRS 9: review ECLs on a quarterly basis and input adjustments if required
- Risk Appetite Statement: quarterly reporting to CHKL board on key trade asset metrics
- ICAAP: manage stress test of portfolio, ensure appropriate documentation for legal vehicle board approval
- Model Risk Management: submit potential models for identification. Manage model validation and compliance with Model Risk Management policies.
- Booking Unit Memos: Review booking unit memos for transactions that are booked in Hong Kong without any local coverage; review and provide feedback on Booking Unit memo guidance
- Regulatory Control Matrix: Ensure internal controls are mapped to local regulations and get updated as an when new applicable regulations are released.
- Scenario Plan: Support RMCO on Hong Kong and Macau Scenario Plans and XB limits review.
- For reviews by FCR, IA, KPMG, HKMA, Franchise Audit, prepare deliverables, provide information and analysis as requested
- Follow up on any resulting recommendations/requirements, manage iCAPs as required, and track to completion.
- On an ongoing basis, respond to questions from FRI reporting team who prepares several monthly country governance reports for the RMCO (CCC, RMCF, ALCO).
- In case of new outsourcing activities, prepare Business Outsourcing Proposal (BOP),
- Performance Level Standards Document (PLSD), Additional Documentation Requirement (ADR), performing Annual Due Diligence (ADD). Also complete parallel runs to ensure that outsourced functions prepare material in the manner required
- MCA: Manage testing and consolidation for the Hong Kong Regional Credit MCA. Manage Annual Review session to review the continued relevance/completeness of MCA content
- COB: Oversee all Continuity of Business (COB) requirements including preparation of Business Recovery Plan and Business Impact Analysis, People Loss Plan, performance of Application testing and coordinate Call Tree exercise
- Candidate should have between 5-8 years of work experience in credit/portfolio management related asks and/or experience in risk regulatory matters.
- Risk Management background with an understanding of credit risk and internal processes.
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance, financial modelling, credit and banking products, credit analytics, risk assessment, and transaction execution
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to work with little direction and in a team
- Demonstrated accountability, self-motivation and business acumen
- Strong database management (Microsoft Excel, MS Access) and analytical/modelling skills
- Strategic and goal oriented
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .