- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 30 Nov 17
GCNA Manager, OCIR
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
The purpose of the role is to provide regional OCIR presence in the Greater China North Asia region. The role-holder will act as key point of contact for all aspects of the OCIR Programme in their region, working with the Group OCIR teams in Singapore and GBS, RRP and OCIR Country Coordinators, Regional Resilience Heads, and other Regional/Country stakeholders to ensure continued effective delivery of the OCIR processes in their region. The role-holder will also support local Compliance teams as well as the Group OCIR team in preparing materials for engagement with regulators.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Governance, Communication & Regulatory Engagement
* Support Group OCIR Team's structured training and communications effort to ensure ongoing awareness and understanding of OCIR and its impacts in the region
* Support Group OCIR Team and local Compliance teams to produce materials for regulatory submission and to respond to regulatory enquiries
* Support any regional second/third line activities across all OCIR processes
BAU OCIR Processes
* Act as escalation point for regional/country issues and queries related to all OCIR processes
* Coordinate data gathering and assessment across all Businesses in region to enable identification of Critical Economic Functions
* Coordinate all Businesses, Functions, and Countries in region to ensure ongoing maintenance of a Service Catalogue mapping processes to supporting teams, systems, vendors, and operational assets
* Ensure maintenance of up-to-date detailed data describing regional reliance on Financial Markets Infrastructure ("FMIs" - eg clearing, settlement, securities repositories etc) and work with Group Treasury to ensure adequate liquidity deployed to maintain access to FMIs in Resolution
* Identify, report and track closure of any deviations in region to the Group defined standard Operating Model identified in the Service Catalogue
* Coordinate maintenance of OCIR "Playbooks" and support periodic crisis management exercises with Country Management Teams
* Coordinate with regional stakeholders to deliver known incremental benefits, eg use OCIR data to support:
o Business, Function and Country MTs to inform strategy, identify efficiency/risk mitigation opportunities
o Business Continuity Management MI and the broader Resilience agenda
o Group Corporate Development in divestment scenarios
o Operational Risk stress testing
* Coordinate with regional stakeholders to embed the Service Catalogue at the core of the Group Operating Model, realising additional opportunities
Qualifications and Skills
* Subject matter expertise in Recovery & Resolution Planning and Operational Continuity in Resolution
* In-depth understanding of Standard Chartered Group's Businesses, footprint, and operating model
* Ability to engage and influence stakeholders across Businesses, Functions and Countries
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical skills to combine and manipulate large, complex data sets
* Ability to express complex ideas simply and create compelling storylines
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.