Funds Admin Operations, Client & Transaction Services Officer
The Cash and Trade Proc Team Lead is an intermediate level role responsible for ensuring transactions are processed accurately and on time in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to apply working knowledge of technical cash management concepts, management skills and in-depth knowledge of team goals to ensure the quality of deliverables. Responsibilities:
- Allocate work and manage daily work flow for small Cash & Trade Operations team engaged in performing entry level, routine clerical or processing tasks
- Provide recommendations to increase the efficiency of the daily work of the transaction processing team
- Train and advise lower level staff through applying in-depth knowledge of team objectives
- Maintain a basic comprehension of how the cash & trade operations team interacts with others in accomplishing objectives
- Assess and recommend on hiring needs to ensure adequate staffing
- Recommend new work procedures using technical knowledge of strategic concepts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Relevant experience in a related role
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Effective management, influencing and relationship skills
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The candidate is required to have strong knowledge and extensive practical experience of the following core transfer agency processes:
- Investor on-boarding, KYC & data maintenance
- Transaction processing & investor servicing
- Cash & trade settlement
- Corporate action processing
- Reporting shareholder trade activity to the fund accountant and custodian
- Bank account reconciliation
- Foreign exchange dealing
- Periodic client & investor reporting
The candidate should also have experience in the following responsibilities of the transfer agent:
- Review of fund offering documents, prospectuses, operating memorandums and key fund documentation
- Fund / Share class launches and implementation
- Client conversions
- Client change request management
- Client & vendor management
- Oversight and control management for domestic and outsourced functions
- Managing periodic client service review calls and due diligence visits
- Awareness of regulatory and industry changes and how it impacts the business & operations
The candidate should have strong knowledge of the full trade cycle including other functions performed within the transfer agency unit, as well as the responsibilities of the fund administrator, fund valuation agent and fund custodian.
The following aspects of the role are also important: People Management:
This role is for a people manager and in addition to managing the daily responsibilities of the team, the candidate will also be required to build an effective working relationship with and between the team members and to guide them in their tasks. Regular effective one to one sessions with direct reports are required and a planned approach to staff development is a key part of the role. Control Environment:
The candidate is expected to identify issues or inefficiencies within the team and to build a strong, controlled working environment, concentrating on error prevention and mitigation. Relationship and Network Building:
The candidate is also be expected to focus on building relationships with the Citi's transfer agency outsourced vendors and other Citi locations that perform tasks on behalf of the Hong Kong transfer agency unit, with the clients and other business partners both internally and externally. The candidate will act as the transfer agency's single point of contact for the vendor and sites performing transfer agency responsibilities on behalf of Citi's clients, and will require strong skill sets and experience in respect of:
- Acting as key relationship and escalation point for the vendors/other Citi locations across all TA functions, taking end-to-end responsibility for the transfer agency relationship.
- Manage change with these business partners to ensure a controlled change environment
- Engage in proactive added-value communication with vendors and other Citi locations, and conduct briefings within the transfer agency unit to build awareness across the teams.
- Understand the requirements of oversight and control of 3rd party outsourced functions and the importance of adhering to regulatory obligations.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .