Fundamental Research (Transport) Analyst - Hong Kong, Assistant Vice President
The Research Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include: building financial models, writing research reports, conducting macroeconomic analysis on the global energy industry, communicating our team's ideas to institutional investors, conducting due diligence and working with Citi's product team to identify trends in the space.
- Self-starter; used to working in a team environment and who has the ambition to progress his/her career within equity research
- Conduct analysis
- Make Investment Recommendations
- Interact with Institutional Clients
- Arrange company visits and regular management contact for investing clients and due diligence purposes
- Attend industry conferences and speak to industry contacts
- Track company events and earnings
- Develop financial models and valuation techniques
- Establish yourself as an expert
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years previous experience
- Distill research into an investable thesis and write report/note Market ideas to internal constituents and clients via phone calls and client marketing trips Help facilitate direct corporate access for investors Provide independent (regulatory controlled)
- Secure and maintain applicable licenses.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Research Job Family:
Research Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting