Fundamental Research Analyst
- Very Competitive
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- SilverStrand Executive Search Limited
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
Fundamental Research Analyst for a Private Global Long Only Fund
The firm is a small team of investment professionals managing a global long only fund focused on small and medium cap companies. The firm currently manages approximately USD50 million and is backed by a significant conglomerate, which the candidate will be exposed to, and will cross learn other products and businesses within the conglomerate such as the private equity and venture capital projects on ad-hoc basis.
The successful candidate will generate and maintain coverage of investment ideas in all sectors the management have deep convictions in as generalists. The analyst will drive the process of stock selection in collaboration with the management on the platform.
The analyst will develop and communicate investment recommendations based on comprehensive industry and company research, relying on a broad range of sources including, but not limited to, public documents, trade journals, networking with industry contacts, Bloomberg and other integral sources.
Analyst will be expected to effectively communicate both in written and oral formats, explain and defend buy ideas to the management.
- Conduct research and analysis in collaboration with management to help evaluate investment opportunities
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and financial models (company, industry/sector, macro/country financial models)
- Collect industry and company data through various channels, such as sell-side research firms, external databases, trade publications, online sources, regulatory filings, interviews with industry sources and other miscellaneous vital sources
- Review and organize data, synthesize information, identify trends, interpret company and industry data and trends
- Prepare background research and assist with portfolio analysis
- Prepare internal presentations, take comprehensive due diligence notes and summary of investment meetings
- Attend regular investment meetings, conferences, retreats, presentations and take notes for management
- Write company summaries and content for investment reports and create internal presentations
- Work on special research projects as needed by the conglomerate on Venture Capital and Private Equity investments
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related equivalent discipline
- Minimum 3 years of buy side long only fundamental equity research experience
- CFA is a plus but not required
- Demonstrate track record in discovering deep value stocks in small and mid cap space
- Demonstrate full knowledge of investments and success in generating alpha through stock selection
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, financial analysis
- Demonstrate sound judgment in resolving matters, and strong analytical skills in many facets as we are generalists with no specific sector focus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibit knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting area of coverage