Independent and possessing more than twenty years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2400 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will lead the team (including Senior Officers and Officers) to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- As the team leader you will use experience you have acquired in the past as well as excellent organizational skills, sound judgment, the ability to prioritize tasks, and strong personal character to help your team perform and grow. Your team will benefit from your good listening skills, tailored coaching, and planning.
- You will guide your Senior Officers and Officers in completing their work, and by extension acting as the final level of review.
- As the central point of contact for your accounts, capable of identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, you will be able to accurately measure potential risks and business expansion, and, therefore you will be able to offer suitable solutions to the client and satisfy their overall needs. You will guarantee all operational aspects of the account and you will be responsible for the financial monitoring of the client portfolio (including client invoicing).
- You will be in charge of the coordination and validation of all work delivered by the team.
- You will manage the relationships with other service providers in the industry, including auditors, law firms, and banks.
- You will actively be involved in internal projects (e.g. product development, organisational improvements, technical improvements).
- 5 – 10 years of experience working in asset management (preferably in fund houses, fund administrators or the Big 4 etc.)
- Several years of experience in Private Equity or Real Estate Fund Administration including NAV calculation, Transfer Agent and investor servicing, tax compliance among others
- Fully qualified Accountant (e.g. HKICPA/ACCA/CPAA/AICPA/CIMA/ACA)
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluency in any other Asian languages, such as Japanese, or Korean will be considered as an asset
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate
- You have experience in leading teams/others
- Ability to oversee delivery to ensure multiple (sometimes competing) deadlines are comfortably met
- High level of IT literacy with strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of eFront and Yardi systems would be a distinct advantage