Fund Operations Specialist/ Lead Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Fund Operations Specialist/Lead Specialist to join the Fund Operations team. You'll be busy working with various teams and be the liaison point in the region for group policy and project, as well as with other business areas to identify the business requirements or issues in order to provide effective support. About Schroders
As a global investment manager, we actively and responsibly manage investments for a wide range of institutions and individuals, to help them meet their financial goals and prepare for the future. The world is forever changing, and with our clients at the centre of everything we do, we understand the need to continue to adapt and evolve our business in line with what matters most to our clients today, and in the future.
Our ongoing success is built on a history of experience and expertise, whereby we partner with our clients to construct innovative products and solutions across our five business areas consisting of Private Assets & Alternatives, Solutions, Mutual Funds, Institutional and Wealth Management and invest in a wide range of assets and geographies. By combining our commitment to active management and focus on sustainability, our strategic capabilities are designed to deliver positive outcomes for our clients.
We are responsible for £574.4 billion (€641.7 billion/$785.1 billion)* assets of our clients, managed locally by 42 investment teams worldwide. As a global business with over 5,500 talented staff across 35 locations, we are able to stay close to our clients and understand their needs. We have over 200 years of experience in investment and innovation and remain committed to creating a better future by investing responsibly for our clients.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com .
*as at 31 December 2020 The base
We're close to our clients, in the heart of Hong Kong's financial centre at Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway. The team
Operations is the foundation which enables Schroders to carry out its business effectively for our clients. Our business area consists of a number of Operations functions and hubs working globally across the entire client journey. We support processes from onboarding, transaction processing, asset servicing, reconciliation and reporting to our clients. We are consistently working to achieve Schroders' core values of excellence, innovation, teamwork, passion and integrity in everything we do.
The Fund Operations focuses on five key areas and has teams located in London, Horsham, Singapore and New York. The 5 key areas include Fund Accounting Oversight, Transfer Agency Oversight, Private Assets & Real Estate Fund Accounting, Statutory Reporting and BAU Operational Change. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Respond to the market initiatives or business demand in timely manner
- Co-ordinate with internal and external parties for managing projects & changes in the region.
- Work closely with global or regional change teams and related functions to ensure APAC requirements are properly included and considered in order to provide effective support.
- Assist management in the implementation of global/regional/local policies/procedures
- Review and ensure internal controls to be robust and align with regulatory guidelines and compliance policies/procedures.
- Identify any irregularity and risks to the line manager in timely manner
- Manage the below duties:
- Support Global Swing Pricing
- Support TA Cashflow Notification
- System testing and project co-ordination
- Participate PI Planning & sprint meeting
- Handle enquires from internal and external parties
- Ad hoc assignments
What you'll be like
- Degree graduate in Accounting or Finance preferable.
- 3-5 years of working experience in Fund Accounting and/or Transfer Agency.
- Possess strong administrative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Attentive to details, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills in English and Chinese
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- A passion to drive operational effectiveness
- Someone that is curious and loves process improvement.
- Strong administrative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Attentive to details
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decision