Fund Operations Lead Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced Fund Operations Lead Specialist to join the Fund Operations team. You'll be busy working with various teams and be the liaison point in the region for group policy and project, as well as with other business areas to identify the business requirements or issues in order to provide effective support. About Schroders
As a global investment manager, we actively and responsibly manage investments for a wide range of institutions and individuals, to help them meet their financial goals and prepare for the future. The world is forever changing, and with our clients at the centre of everything we do, we understand the need to continue to adapt and evolve our business in line with what matters most to our clients today, and in the future.
Our ongoing success is built on a history of experience and expertise, whereby we partner with our clients to construct innovative products and solutions across our five business areas consisting of Private Assets & Alternatives, Solutions, Mutual Funds, Institutional and Wealth Management and invest in a wide range of assets and geographies. By combining our commitment to active management and focus on sustainability, our strategic capabilities are designed to deliver positive outcomes for our clients.
We are responsible for £574.4 billion (€641.7 billion/$785.1 billion)* assets of our clients, managed locally by 42 investment teams worldwide. As a global business with over 5,500 talented staff across 35 locations, we are able to stay close to our clients and understand their needs. We have over 200 years of experience in investment and innovation and remain committed to creating a better future by investing responsibly for our clients.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com.
*as at 31 December 2020 The base
We're close to our clients, in the heart of Hong Kong's financial centre at Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway. The team
Operations is the foundation which enables Schroders to carry out its business effectively for our clients. Our business area consists of a number of Operations functions and hubs working globally across the entire client journey. We support processes from onboarding, transaction processing, asset servicing, reconciliation and reporting to our clients. We are consistently working to achieve Schroders' core values of excellence, innovation, teamwork, passion and integrity in everything we do.
The Fund Operations focuses on five key areas and has teams located in London, Horsham, Singapore and New York. The 5 key areas includes Fund Accounting Oversight, Transfer Agency Oversight, Private Assets & Real Estate Fund Accounting, Statutory Reporting and BAU Operational Change. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Assist management in the implementation of policies/procedures and provide feedback on resources requirement and allocation.
- Co-ordinate with internal and external parties for projects & changes.
- Be the liaison in the region for group policy and project, as well as with other business areas to identify the business requirements or issues in order to provide effective support
- Review and ensure internal controls and compliance policies/procedures are being adhered to the function.
- Report any irregularity to the line manager in timely manner
- Manage the below duties:
- Support Global Swing Pricing o Financial Report review and co-ordination
- NAV reasonable check
- Monthly KPI
- Management / Regulatory reporting
- Fund expenses and Taxation matters
- System testing and project co-ordination
- Understanding on UT dealing process flow and NAV production process flow
- OM / work procedures update
- Handle enquires from internal and external parties
- Ad hoc assignments
. What you'll be like
- Degree graduate in Accounting, Finance or any other related disciplin
- At least 6 years of working experience in Fund Operations, and/or Transfer Agency
- Working knowledge on fund operations including SFC authorised funds, MPF funds and traditional funds. Experience in QFII, RQFII, ETF, MRF would be an advantage.
- Possess strong administrative, organizational and analytical skills
- Attentive to details and self-motivated
- Hand-on experience in KYC and on-going due diligence would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills in English
- Ability to read and converse in Mandarin is preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- A passion to drive operational effectiveness
- Someone that is curious and loves process improvement.
- Strong administrative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Attentive to details
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decision
- Good at Client Services