This role will be to grow and build the Operational side of the business with local and international senior management handling the Middle office function. Building the right team and ensuring the right controls will be be crucial to the rapid growth of the business here in Hong Kong.
My client is a very well capitalised Muti-strategy fund Headquartered in The USA with Multiple offices. Strong growth over the last 5 years has positioned them very well and they are looking to grow a presence in Asia. A reputable brand among big players in the US and Europe.
- Manage trade capture of all products including but not limited to derivatives across equities, credit, rates, and FX
- Assist PMs in monitoring the risk platform and troubleshoot any issues
- Grow the team through hiring, training and developing junior members
- Monitor PnL in the firm's proprietary system and provide analysis to internal teams
- Monitor risk exposure and utilization and ensure compliance with guidelines
- Produce daily/monthly reporting for Risk and assist with new product build out
- Oversee junior staff based in the Hong Kong office
- Work closely with Sales counterparts and Operations to ensure trades are allocated and settled
- Monitor affirmation platforms and ensure all risk/booking is correct
- Work closely with key firm counterparts to ensure clearing and financing capability for products traded in the region
- Monitor control functions including reconciliations, breaks, and EOD checks
- 6+ years of Middle Office/Operations experience
- Experience working at a Hedge Fund, ideally based in the region
- Strong familiarity with the trade life cycle and relevant controls in the Asian markets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Excel
The candidate will be compensated with a competitive package and will have a strong growth environment for both personal and professional development.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Nicholas Debbage on +852 2848 9525