Fund Controller - Fund Accounting & Transfer Agency Hybrid
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington Management Funds ("WMF") Fund Control & Operations is responsible for all aspects of the operations for the WMF Global fund ranges, and works alongside the Product Development, Legal, Compliance and Governance teams to support all aspects of the fund business. Fund Services APAC will act as the extension of the Fund Control & Operations as well as the hub in the APAC region focusing on supporting the clients in the APAC region.
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to play an important role in our Fund Services APAC team. The successful candidate will be part of a team located between Tokyo and Hong Kong, closely engaging with the Fund Control & Operations located in Europe (Luxembourg and London) as well as in the U.S..(Boston). The team in Tokyo/Hong Kong will also engage with Wellington operational teams globally, as well as working alongside the Product Development, Legal, Compliance and Governance teams to support all aspects of the fund business, focusing on supporting the clients in the APAC region. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Work with the members within Fund Control & Operations in Europe and the U.S. to support the global Fund Control & Operating model, with the view to expand into Wellington Alternative Investments' function
- Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Fund Control function in the APAC region
- Build strong working relationships with Administrators and Depositaries in the APAC region (Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia)
- Oversee fund events such as fund launches/closures/AIKs
- Develop a framework for oversight of Custodians in the APAC region, provide management reporting on a periodic basis;
- Work with the members within Fund Services APAC to support the Transfer Agency Service model for APAC for Wellington Management Funds domiciled in Europe in Europe (Ireland/Luxembourg) as well as in APAC region (Singapore, Australia), and also, Wellington Alternative Investments Funds.
- Work with other functional teams, such as Product Development, Legal, Tax, Risk and Governance on:
- Involvement in conceptualizing new fund products;
- Research new product requirements, both internally with other functional teams, and also externally with service providers;
- Engage the client transition management process for new and existing clients, in relation to asset-in-kind transfers;
- Attend cross functional meetings and provide operational expertise and recommendations.
- Provide operational risk assessments of current processes, identify issues that arise/could arise on the funds, and work with stakeholders to resolve these on a proactive basis;
The successful candidate is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Hold an undergraduate degree;
- Experience working in the funds industry either or both of the below.
- In UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe
- Other regulated fund vehicles domiciled in APAC (Hong Kong and Singapore)
- Experience in Fund Accounting and/or Transfer Agency
- At least, either one of expertise is required. Having both experience is a plus.
- Be technically proficient in relation to Microsoft software , Excel, VBA and/or Access;
- Be able to synthesize information quickly;
- Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude, self-starter.
- Fluency in English is required.
Fund Controller - Fund Accounting & Transfer Agency Hybrid LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .