This client member is a fast growing hedge fund who are looking for a fund accounting/operations associate to join their rapidly expanding team. Apply directly via our website at jobslab.io or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review.
- Cover whole trade work flow (initiation, settlement, exit).
- Record accurately, and in accordance with the Department policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries.
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to management, and assisting in their resolution.
- Assist, as assigned, in preparing audit schedules, compliance reports, N-SARs, tax returns, financial statements, or other reports.
- Write reports periodically to management on Fund activities and other related issues.
- Research, as assigned, certain securities in Fund portfolios for the purpose of ensuring proper accounting treatment (such as the nature of distributions, original issue discounts, and international valuations) and compliance with SEC, tax, and prospectus restrictions and limitations.
- Institutional fund accounting processes also include preparing, reconciling and distributing reports to/from marketing, separate custodians and investment management.
- Participate in regular rotation of trade processing and other accounting processes to prepare the fund accounting system for the next day.
- Bachelor’s degree with exposure to finance or any other analytical course work
- Previous finance internship(s) helpful
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure