Full Stack Java Developer, Prime Global Portfolio Swap, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role is within JP Morgan Prime Services and Equity Finance Technology group which is aligned within the Equities Technology organization, responsible for end-to-end technology solutions across Synthetics and Cash Prime Brokerage, Securities Lending, Agency Lending, and Fixed Income Repo businesses. This business area has experienced double-digit growth with the momentum expected to continue as the business continues to rapidly expand. Significant investment has been committed to expand our technology capabilities with a target to develop J.P. Morgan into an industry leader within the region. This is an opportunity to join a talented group of technologists in a high-octane environment focused on providing the best in class solutions to the business.
This group is looking to hire a highly skilled, motivated, and collaborative full stack Java Developer to contribute to growth and transformation of our swaps platform. Key responsibilities:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Design, implement or re-engineer components and features in the strategic swaps processing application that meet both business and architectural requirements.
- Follow test driven development and Agile methodologies.
- Take ownership of features from requirements through to production support
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Production Support, Swap traders, Product Development and Global Technology teams.
- Hands-on Java and Spring based development
- Strong object oriented design and programming experience with working knowledge of common design patterns
- Good knowledge of Oracle (or any RDBMS), and ANSI SQL or Transact-SQL, SQL queries and Stored Procedures
- Hands on with full stack development practices such as test automation, automated deployments, and TDD and Agile methodologies
- Expectation to have worked on at least one major technically challenging global project
- Proficient at UNIX Solaris/Linux environments
- Communicate effectively with front office, middle office and developers.
- Experience in Python, REACT, NoSQL DB (Cassandra or similar) and PaaS (Cloud Foundry or similar) development
- Business knowledge in Securities Lending and Equity Finance, knowledge of Total Return Swaps
- Willing to keep abreast, learn and apply new technologies