Frontend Engineer - Mox
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. About Mox
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience! The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Our technology stack is predominantly React Native using TypeScript.
- We use GraphQL as an abstraction layer to our micro-services
- We have an emphasis on software quality and writing maintainable code using TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Collaborate closely with product designers with a focus on feature design and prototyping.
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wire-frames and mock-ups through implementation and release.
- Working closely with the design team to create a reusable component library.
- Experience building and maintaining mobile apps.
- Deep understanding of ReactJS or React Native.
- Understanding of GraphQL and why it is used.
- Exposure to native languages like Kotlin or Swift is beneficial
- You understand what makes a great mobile user experience and care deeply about providing that experience to our users
- A keen learner with an ambitious and results driven personality, who loves to share with other engineers.
- Experience collaborating on software projects with design and backend aspects.
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in an iterative approach, driven by customer feedback and data insights.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.