Frontend Developer (Asset Management)
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- GIG Asia
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
We are a global multi-asset volatility hedge fund firm headquartered in the US and currently looking to expand our footprint in the Asia Pacific region. We are currently looking to fill the position of a Lead Frontend Developer in our Hong Kong office. This is a newly created position designed to expand and enhance the capabilities of our in-house platform system under the direction of our CTO.
With a focus on frontend development, the role is expected to take part in a range of projects spanning key initiatives in areas under Portfolio Management and Quantitative Research. You will be working directly with traders and engineers globally, to lead the design and implementation of frontend solutions to support the front-office users.
It is not a requirement for you to have prior knowledge or experience in finance or derivatives. To succeed in this role, you must have a solid technical background, a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit, with passion to apply modern computing technology to the financial domain.
- Hands on web frontend development
- User experience and interface design
- Collaborate with backend engineering team for platform integration
- Deliver large scale data visualization solutions
- Rapid prototyping for requirement elicitation
- Front end testing & test case development
- At least 5+ years of demonstrable experience in responsive web frontend development
- Deep understanding of front end architecture and UX/UI design principles
- Hands on data visualization techniques using interactive charts, dashboard & widgets.
- Self-disciplined to strive for high quality standard
- Eager to step up to challenges and willing to own/drive projects
- Good command of English as you will be working in a global team
As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.