Front Officer Developer - Quantitative Market Making - Information Technology - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Main mission is to implement trading software solutions used by the Quantitative Market Making desk to trade stocks and futures, more specifically low latency market making strategies. The candidate will sit on the trading floor with Traders and will work closely with them on a daily basis. Reporting:
Development & Backtest
- Reports to the Head of Electronic Market Making (EMM) Technology in AsiaPac and is under the supervision of the Head of Quantitative Market Making Desk in Hong Kong
Handle level 1&2 support on implemented solutions
- Design software solutions which will match traders needs, taking into account cost and delays constraints, agreed with both IT management and head of desk.
- Build close understanding of the strategies
- Be proactive by proposing enhancements from which the business/IT can benefit
- Implement, test and deploy the software solution within agreed constraints and existing code
- Maintain & enhance the existing Market Market Trading platforms and various tools used for daily tasks
- Improve the backtest framework
- Study new indicators and strategy & IT requests (understand user needs, suggest solutions , etc)
- Launch backtest and analyze results with trader
- Improve the quality of backtest engine to better reflect production behavior
- Provide a good reactivity in case of incidents
- Implement the tools necessary for production follow-up, in order to anticipate and detect potential technical issues
The candidate will need to work very closely with various teams:
- Liaise & interact with worldwide team members (developers working on the same platform in Paris/NYC)
- Front Office in Asia who will provide the functional guidelines
- In house IT market access teams (dev and support) in charge of the QMM market connectivity
- Infrastructure support team (Windows/ Market Data/Network)
- University degree with a post graduate degree being advantageous
- 6+ years of experience as a developer, familiar with object oriented designs and common patterns.
- Memory/cpu profiling and multithreaded debugging experience.
- Experience on trading algorithem/strategies
- Strong knowledge in C#/.Net or C++but willingness to work with both.
- Good knowledge of Windows environment as a production platform, Linux is a plus.
- Good knowledge of tcp/ip networking and electronic exchanges APIs or specificities is a plus
- Memory/cpu profiling/optimization and multithreaded debugging experience
- A good experience is necessary on following aspects:
- Stock/Future/Index products (2-3 years minimum), market making ideally
- Low latency development of automatic trading application
- Backtesting trading strategy principles
- Knowledge of electronic Asian exchange specificities platform connectivity (not necessarily as developer of OSM)
Client - Risk: I strive to satisfy clients while taking into account risks for the company
Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
By joining the "Electronic Market Making" entity, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 2020/12/31
Publication date: 2020/11/06