Front Office Trading Application Support - Listed Derivatives
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
This critical position is to bolster the existing production team to accommodate the expanding Prime solution and financing (PS&F) business in Hong Kong. The business consists of Prime Brokerage, stock lending, Equity Financing (Delta-1) and Exchange listed Derivatives Execution. The role will interact with local, regional and global development and peers as well as provide the business users with an interface to technology.
- Global Listed Derivative systems used in Asia on trading and booking Exchange Listed Derivative
- Early shifts from 07:30/8:00am HKT on a rotation basis
- Weekend/Bank holiday cover on a rotation basis
- Weekly night call with regional team in US/Europe if necessary
- Some weekend work (DR drill etc)
Ensure all reported incidents are correctly logged, investigated, understood, explained and followed up to avoid reoccurrence.
Be involved with:
- Main business contact for day-to-day technology issues / requirements for the Equity Listed Derivatives (ELD)
- Develop key application expertise on the Global derivatives of applications, working with regional/global teams
- Ad-hoc reporting for Front and Middle Office.
- Coordinate on client on-boarding tasks for ELD
- Participate in key projects for expansion of the business to ensure seamless implementation.
- Ensuring the operate stability of the application suite and making sure that system capacity is actively managed.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- In depth knowledge of List Derivative markets and front office business process
- Minimum 5 years' experience in supporting Front Office desks
- Good understanding of FIX protocol and OMS
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux, scripting, SQL and Excel
- Excellent communication skills in English
- University qualification with IT major
Desired skills (but not necessary)
- Exposure to Equities Derivatives business;
- Algorithmic Trading;
- Fidessa/ULLINK platform experience;
- Willing to learn, responsible, reliable, self-motivated, and able to work independently & under pressure;
- Good manner & positive working attitude;
- Good communication, analytical skills and problem solving skills
Specific Qualifications Required