Front Office Operations Business Analyst
- Permanent Full-Time
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of September 30, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Front Office Operations is an integral part of Invesco’s Investment Specialized Services team. Front Office Operations is responsible for assessing business intelligence and operations directly supporting the portfolio management process.
The candidate for this position should be a self-motivated problem solver who demonstrates the ability to create and modify procedures, research issues related to optimization, and enhance and grow the front office operation initiatives.
The Business Analyst would be responsible for the following six components:
1. Investment Platform Management - management and continuous improvement of the investment team operating platform.
2. Client and Product Lifecycle – management of client and product lifecycle activities pertaining to the investment team
3. Portfolio Interactions – monitoring and management of defined support components of the investment portfolio.
4. Trade Execution Support - monitoring and management of defined support components of trading.
5. Broker and Research Management - administration of research and execution providers.
6. Regulatory and Policy Implementation – management and implementation of regulations and policies that relate directly to investments.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Systems specialist – expertise with software and systems (as detailed under Technical Abilities)
- Logistics knowledge – working knowledge of operations and end-to-end workflows across the asset classes; ability to assist and stay abreast of all front office operation issues
- Technology solutions – identify and create technology stresses and solutions across the operating platform
- Research analysis - research various topics and historical data, such as market growth, and prepare relationship profiles, by amalgamating information from investment teams, as needed by the senior management and investment team
- Regulatory oversight - Undertake special regulatory, policy, and compliance related projects as needed
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Approximately five to ten years of experience in the financial services industry is necessary to successfully perform the responsibility for this position
- The candidate must have working knowledge of broker/dealer operations, transfer agent functions and industry laws and regulations
Technical Abilities and/or other Specialized Skills
- Understanding the structure and properties of Investment Instruments, Bonds, Stocks, Credit Default Swaps, Warrants, Futures, Options
- Knowledge of mutual fund business and interactions with various internal and external constituencies
- Knowledge of investment business, buy-side processes and investment products
- Aptitude for rapid adaptation to new systems/software
- Experience in the following software and systems: Aladdin, Portware, Charles River IMS v.9.6, Bloomberg including POMS, Factset Directions/Marquee, Liquidnet and Capital IQ
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel)
- Knowledge of Business Objects XI (or higher) Report Writing
- Ability to write simple and complex SQL queries; Oracle/Sybase/MS-SQL to support reporting requests
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Must possess excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and communicate complex rules and regulations to all staff levels, management, and external contacts
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of individuals are required
- Leadership qualities must be present for establishing role as point-of-contact for front office operation issues
- Must demonstrate the ability to make quick decisions, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information, sometimes under stressful conditions
- Must also demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn while ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Must be able to develop and maintain relationships with management, clients and co-workers and work to fully meet and exceed their needs
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical
- Should possess strong written and oral communication skills and can interact well with all levels of management
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A Bachelor’s Degree and relevant business/industry experience
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.