Front Office Developer - Java/Scala
- Negotiable HKD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 09 Aug 18 2018-08-09
The Equity Derivatives business is driving an aggressive programme of change, which will see the implementation of a new global processing platform for Vanilla and Exotic Structured OTC Derivatives, encompassing pre-trade pricing, workflow, trade capture, lifecycle processing, affirmation, confirmation, collateral management and settlement. The role is for a highly skilled developer, flexible to do both Server side and UI, to work on the development of this core global Derivatives system.
* Working with IT colleagues globally across a number of front / middle / back-end systems and teams.
* Involvement in the full development lifecycle of the project.
* Coordination with the global team on new features and driving the future direction of the system.
* This role represents an excellent opportunity to work closely with front office users and learn an exciting and complex business area.
* The candidate should have ideally (1-5 Junior) or (7+ Senior) years experience with design and development in Java/Scala, an aptitude to understand complex trading systems and good problem-solving abilities. A keen interest in the latest development tools and an excitement for technology and business is also expected.
We are looking for technologists who are looking to build the best trading / front office platforms with design aspects catering to scalability, throughput and resilience. The successful candidate will be hands-on developer, commercially focused, have excellent communication skills, and will be able to demonstrate a strong delivery track record.
* Java: in-depth understanding of multi-threading, data structures
* Excellent programming skills
* Excellent communication
Following skills are not mandatory, but desirable:
* Scala / Functional Programming
* Experience with UI development (C#, WPF)
* Basic working knowledge of Unix/Linux
* Agile exposure, TDD/BDD, CI/Jenkins
* Scripting languages like Python / Perl
* SQL / databases experience with RDBMS
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Paul Byrne at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9452 or Paul.Byrne@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference IBY728110