Front-End Engineer ROLE SUMMARY
You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
You'll work alongside highly experienced and talented product owners, scrum masters, QA, designers & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
You'll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
You'll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
You'll work on the large-scale websites across the brands for the client. And use your experiences and knowledge to innovation the front-end architecture that delivers the best-in-class user-experiences for our customers.
Technologies we use include Node, React, Redux, Mobx, TypeScript, ES6, Webpack, Jest, Enzyme, Puppeteer, D3, and more. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Who You Are (Skills Required)
- Junior role on a team of skilled front end developers working on our core front end components across our branded e-commerce websites, with a focus on creating beautiful front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience.
- Work closely with product teams and brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand's unique identity. Define best practices & solutions to improve the design QA process and communicate web UX best practices to brand creative teams.
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
Skills Preferred (You should have some of these skills but may not have all)
- You have experience working in e-commerce and you understand that the #1 priority is to keep the site shoppable for customers
- You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- You have the pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You have expertise in CSS/SASS, with strong UX and design sensibilities, and the ability to meet build complex layouts and meet pixel-perfect design requirements
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with domain driven design
- Experience with micro frontends
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
- Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
- Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc)