Flow Equity Derivatives Trade Support, Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Oct 18
See job description for details
The Flow Equity Derivatives Trade Support team based in Hong Kong is responsible for providing support to the Equity Single Name, Index, Convertible Bond and DSP trading desks for:
1) OTC trade capture and life cycle maintenance
2) Ensuring the integrity of the front-to-back trade bookings
3) Acting as point of escalation for operational issues with faceoff to Sales and Trading Stakeholders
4) Primary / Secondary trade capture and management for MS-issued access warrants.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing operational controls and help to shape future state control framework and technology supporting the business.
- Trade and Issue Date controls on product set-up and trade booking.
- Deal verification of trade booking to Term sheets or other sources
- Processing lifecycle management for supported products
- Daily reconciliation and clearance of position/product & internal accounting breaks.
- Interacting with other internal support areas such as Finance, Confirms, Settlements and Legal.
- Identification and escalation of control-related issues, develop procedures/solutions to close gaps.
- Interacting with the Sales & Trading Desks, answering any ad-hoc requests/trade related questions.
- Partnering with stakeholders to specify and deliver business process improvements and efficiencies via changes in procedures and technology.
- At least basic understanding of derivatives, e.g. vanilla otc options.
- Previous experience of working in a Trade Support / Line function
- Familiarity and experience with the front-to-back lifecycle
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt existing skills in a new environment quickly.
- Ability to think laterally, and recognize opportunities for system/process improvement.
- Strong communication/relationship building skills.
- Understanding / knowledge of MS booking and electronic confirmation (e.g. MarkitWire) systems is advantageous