Fixed Income & Cash Equities Client Processing Director (AVP) / Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Overview of the Role:
The Cash Client Processing (CCP) Groups support a wide range of products/ markets and clients - this extends to equity & fixed income cash products settling via Euroclear, DTC and International domestic settlement. The CCP team always seeks to respond rapidly to clients needs and developments within the industry, making it a constantly changing environment, which demands high performance from the individuals in the team. Clients have a named point of contact within Morgan Stanley, who can respond effectively to their queries.
You will be primarily responsible for the completion of daily processing tasks, working in a fast-paced, high-risk team environment. You will be required to organise and prioritise your daily workflow, as you will receive queries from clients, sales, traders assistants and settlements, to name but a few. You will be responsible for processing/ supporting all client-related activity from the point of trading through to settlement, including trade allocation, trade confirmation, prematching, fails management and customer query resolution. The role also involves resolving/ escalating client queries and issues, in conjunction with the regional Client Relationship Management team. This team also performs the Control function which entails supervision of the Mumbai CCP team. The objective is to maintain a high level of value added service and to partnership with the Business Unit and Operations Management to address key internal and client issues and manage risk.
The individual will report to the local Manager in Hong Kong, however will also work very closely with the Mumbai CCP team.
- Internal and external clients have different needs, the ability to communicate in a clear and concise way is vital. In addition, it is necessary to adapt to client specific needs in a positive way. Maintaining a good relationship with the various departments globally
- Experience of working in a client service role is preferable, along with a sound understanding of financial markets and products. A proven record of accomplishment of learning new products and understanding business concepts is required
- CCP is responsible for supporting Morgan Stanley's clients and other MS business divisions to provide wide range of support related to post-trade execution and settlement process
- CCP is expected to maintain effective risk controls over client's trading activities, hence to analyze internal risk reports,
- 3-4 years ofexperience in an Operations role;
- Experience with a global investment bank (Fixed income product knowledge and client service experience an advantage);
- Experience working with sales/traders & clients