See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
I. Research ( http://www.morganstanley.com/what-we-do/research )
Through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets and world economies, Morgan Stanley has earned its reputation as a leader in the field of investment research.
Morgan Stanley’s Asia (ex-Japan) Fixed Income Research team is seeking a Analyst or Associate to join the Macro Strategy team.
Based in Hong Kong, this Asia ex-Japan Macro Strategy Analyst or Associate will:
• Build and maintain internal research models, handle client requests and generate trade ideas.
• Write research reports that focus on Asia FX and rates markets.
• Overtime, be expected to evolve towards leading coverage for a sub-set of Asia ex-Japan markets and developing client relationships. Qualifications:
• A university/postgraduate degree with excellent academic results
• With macro research experience in a leading financial institution
• Good knowledge or past experience of rates market a strong plus
• Proven research writing skills
• With professional experience in banking and in-depth regional knowledge
• A strong interest in macro necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English, fluency in Mandarin advantageous
• Very strong Microsoft Excel and data management skills
• Outstanding analytical skills including experience with economics and finance a strong plus
• Solid quantitative skills preferred
• High energy, self-motivated, creative and organized team player
• Attention to detail with ability to multi-task and reprioritize a must