Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Asia
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington currently manages over $500 billion in fixed income assets on behalf of our clients worldwide.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Portfolio Manager based in Hong Kong to be our Fixed Income Franchise leader and help build out our Asian fixed income capabilities. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to help build and drive our Fixed Income business in Asia.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and track record - The Portfolio Manager will have deep regional and global macroeconomic expertise, a policy-driven mindset, and a demonstrated track record of expressing macro-oriented views in the market that translate into positive alpha in portfolios. The ideal candidate must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom-up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process. Furthermore, the Portfolio Manager will be able to implement those ideas through a highly analytical and detailed approach.
- Superior collaboration skills - The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. The Portfolio Manager will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; the Portfolio Manager must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The successful candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of emerging markets.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 15 years of industry experience and 5 years as a Portfolio Manager with a proven track record in managing Asia credit portfolios.
- Versatility to invest across the quality spectrum (including High Yield) and managing sizeable portfolios
- Strong investment philosophy and process supported by rigorous analysis
- Incorporate sustainability in one's philosophy and process and ultimately when making investment decisions
- Ability to dynamically assess and analyze volatile or distressed credits; risk management experience is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort taking risks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with colleagues across the firm
- Strong bottom-up fundamental approach to research
- Self-awareness and self-confidence to be comfortable "being wrong"
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Experience interfacing with clients and prospects in an institutional environment
- Must speak, read and write fluent English and Mandarin Chinese
- Strong academic credentials, MBA/CFA preferred.
- Understanding of the regional regulatory landscape and potential implications for the firm will be advantageous
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Asia LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .