Fixed Income Division, ISD Document Negotiator, Vice President, Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture Division Profile
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets
The current opening is for a professional within the Hong Kong based team with responsibility for documentation aspects of OTC derivative transactions and lending transactions in the Asia ex Japan region, with a particular focus on negotiation of Total Return Swaps term sheets and NAFMII master agreements. Job Responsibilities
• Negotiate term sheets in respect of Total Return Swaps (“TRS”) with clients and hedge counterparties, and in connection with this: o Work with traders to understand the trading considerations and impact on the documentation. o Work with various other internal stakeholders such as Legal, Tax, Risk, Operations, to the extent required. o Manage the internal approval process and maintain records in relation to all TRS negotiations. o Work with external counsel to establish / enhance iterations of TRS product templates.
• Prepare and negotiate derivatives master documentations, with a particular focus on NAFMII Master Agreements, as well as ISDA agreements and any related credit support documents (including VM and IM CSAs, counterparty guarantees) with institutional clients.
• Review and analyze legal documentation to determine capacity and authority to enter into OTC derivatives transactions and repurchase transactions.
• Liaise with clients, business units, external legal counsel, risk management and other infrastructure groups within the firm (e.g. Operations, Tax, Credit, etc) throughout the negotiation process, including analyzing and presenting negotiation issues to relevant stakeholders.
• Actively participate in working group calls.
• Actively participate in global team projects on initiatives such as IT, risk management, system development and regulatory-driven projects.
• Assist in the development of policies, procedures and systems. Qualifications:
• Legal qualification with experience in derivatives or structured finance. Experience in TRS would be advantageous.
• Experience with negotiation of NAFMII Master Agreements is preferred but not a must.
• Proficiency in English and Chinese (Mandarin). Must be able to negotiate agreements in Chinese.
• Good team player.
• Solid quantitative skills and strong interest in business, economics and law.
• Willingness and ability to provide quality service to the Firm's clients and to promote and enhance the Morgan Stanley franchise.
• Willingness to work in dynamic trading floor environment and the ability to excel under pressure.