See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
The Fixed Income Division (FID)
is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Morgan Stanley is looking to recruit a China Sales professional to join the team in Hong Kong to cover Chinese financial institutions (Bank focused) on multiple products across Asia. Primary Responsibilities
• Marketing of Macro & Credit products
• Provision of flow information and idea generation to the client base
• Help to differentiate Morgan Stanley through proprietary content in order to gain market share
• Coordinating desk in cross product execution role while taking on own personal client relationships Qualifications: Skills required (essential)
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 9+ years of relevant experience in Flow markets in cash and derivatives instruments.
• Strong understanding of geopolitics of Asian markets, in particular China
• Experience with Financial Institutions Clients
• Understand the regulatory requirements for the respective client base
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Understanding of macroeconomic basics
• Aptitude & track record in a previous role as a back-up to senior sales people and contact point for execution desks
• Track record in helping Sales and Trading team to collaborate in preparing trade ideas
• Track record in cultivating relationships and ultimately grow into senior sales role
• Fluency in Mandarin language skills