Fixed Income Credit Analyst, Emerging Markets Debt team
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION THE POSITION
We are currently seeking to recruit a Fixed Income Credit Analyst to join our Emerging Markets Debt (EMD) team. Located in Hong Kong or Singapore, this individual will focus primarily on Asian credits, and provide fundamental credit research on bond issuers across multiple sectors in the region. Specific country/industry coverage will be determined as part of the interview process to reflect the successful candidate's strengths and the team's needs. As an active member of the EMD team, the Fixed Income Credit Analyst will be fully integrated into the investment process and will be expected to provide investment recommendations on the issuers they cover, while also communicating (in writing and verbally) with a broader group of fixed income and equity investment professionals across the firm. Consistent with the issuers in the emerging markets universe, coverage will include both investment grade and below investment grade issuers. ESSENTIAL SKILLS
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion - The Fixed Income Credit Analyst will have an understanding of emerging market corporate credit risk drivers and a familiarity of macroeconomic and industry conditions, to identify mispricing and valuation discrepancies, make investment recommendations, and communicate his/her findings to Portfolio Managers globally. The ideal candidate must exhibit a strong investment philosophy and process that is supported by rigorous top down and bottom up fundamental research
- Superior collaboration skills - The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team and embrace the benefits of overlapping lines of idea generation. The Corporate Credit Analyst will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues. The ability to take risk and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; the Analyst must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) action-oriented opinions clearly and with conviction and contribute to an open investment dialogue is important.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as an investor is required. The successful candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of emerging markets.
We are seeking an individual with excellent analytical and communication skills, and an eagerness to apply them to the investment decision-making process.
Specific qualifications for the position include
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in a related role, including previous credit research experience in Asia Corporate Credit markets across investment grade and below investment grade issuers.
- High level of initiative, and experience developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations.
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty, and an ability to take risk
- Self-awareness and resilience amid challenging conditions
- Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda.
- Independence of thought, an entrepreneurial nature, and a global perspective.
- Strong academic credentials: advanced degree/CFA/CAIA are additive though not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a broader group of investment professionals.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Fluency in Asian languages preferred.
Fixed Income Credit Analyst, Emerging Markets Debt team LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .