Firm Risk Management - Credit Risk, Associate (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Within Morgan Stanley, Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions, especially loans and derivatives, from all BUs within the Firm and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Based at the Firm?s regional headquarters in Hong Kong, the Asia (incl Japan) Credit Risk Department is currently seeking a high-performing and hands-on credit risk professional with solid experience covering Corporates in Asia.
This role will have these key responsibilities:
- Perform necessary credit due diligence and analysis on borrowers and trading counterparties to the Firm
- Review and recommend for approval credit risk-related transactions
- Approve transactions / credit limits up to level of delegated credit authority
- Conduct industry research and develop sovereign and macro risk views as need to support decision making
- Conduct client calls, perform independent research and establish credit rating of counterparties
- Prepare loan and annual review memos for active/potential counterparties with credit limits
- Review loan / derivative documentation with counterparties to ensure strong credit term protection
- Monitor portfolio quality on an ongoing basis and recommend rating actions / asset classifications etc.