See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Morgan Stanley in Asia
Rising wealth, advancing technology and government reforms is leading to rapid development of financial markets in Asia. Morgan Stanley, already atop the region’s ranking tables for many categories, will continue its strategic focus in Asia to deliver the full-range of services across investment banking, sales and trading, private banking and investment management.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
Background on the Position
The Central Function team with Asia Pacific FRM based in Hong Kong responsible for the portfolio risk management, Stress testing, Regulatory Risk Management and reporting. The department is responsible for evaluating and monitoring the credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk and operation risk in Asia Pac (exclude Japan) region as well as the exposure on the various regulated entities.
• Support risk managers in monitoring risk exposure within the Firm’s risk policy
• Support department senior management’s reporting needs, covering product, risk function and integrated reports.
• Support regional FRM COO on regional deliverables, key priorities and legal entity governance related tasks.
• Support legal entity risk managers with risk monitoring, reporting, capital planning project, and stress testing.
• Support global team with risk data management and regional contribution to global reporting tasks
• Involvement in other risk areas, e.g. project management, analytical support to risk managers Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in a Finance related subject
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in the financial industry, preferably in risk management (Junior profiles will be considered at the Senior Associate level)
• Familiar with financial market and trading products including fixed income, equity, foreign exchange, and commodity
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Enthusiastic, flexible and able to use own initiative
• Work well as a team member with attitude to learn
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office package, including Excel, PowerPoint
• Programming knowledge, Excel VBA/ SQL programming experience preferred