Together, we can achieve more The Bank of East Asia, Limited ("BEA") is Hong Kong’s largest independent local bank with 64 branches, 54 SupremeGold Centres, and 10 i-Financial Centres throughout the city. With a team of over 3,700 professionals in Hong Kong and more than 9,900 worldwide, BEA embraces a spirit of teamwork in every challenge. We invite you to become part of our team and to join us on our journey towards a bright and exciting future.
Financial Control Department
Financial Reporting Manager (Job ID: 2776)
- Support month-end closing process, including the production and analyze respective monthly performance and control reports for Management review;
- Handle annual and interim statutory reporting and review and prepare ad hoc and regular financial analysis, statutory reports, board meeting materials and other management reports on timely basis as requested by Management, major shareholders of the Bank and regulatory authorities;
- Liaise and handle requests from external and internal auditors;
- Communicate the financial reporting requirements internally and handle the related matters in a timely manner;
- Ensure proper reconciliation on of inter-company accounts and timely to investigate on material discrepancies;
- Adhere to all established risk control guidelines, procedures and measures to identify, assess, report, mitigate and monitor the risks involved in day-to-day work
- Handle / participate in ad hoc projects, if required.
- University graduate, preferably major in Accounting or Finance; qualified accountant / HKICPA or equivalent;
- Preferably with over 5years of experience in the banking sector, in which at least 3 years in managerial role;
- Sound knowledge and experience in handling month-end closing and statutory account preparation;
- Good understanding of the Hong Kong Accounting and Financial Reporting standards;
- Experience in Peoplesoft/ Oracle Financial is an advantage;
- Experience in liaising with external and internal auditors, with Big 4 audit experience is an advantage;
- A team player with good communication skills and risk awareness;
- Initiative, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua is preferable
Please apply online via the BEA Careers website at https://careers.hkbea.com/psp/hcmprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=2776&PostingSeq=1 or by clicking the Apply Now button. Kindly note that if you are a new user, you have to first create your User Profile before you can apply.