Financial Product Accountant Of Financial Control Department
The job responsibilities associated with this role are expected to include:
- Handle accounting treatment for different financial products and basic knowledge of derivatives (such as IRS; CDS and Structured products);
- Prepare daily journals for the financial products
- Support business on a daily basis, ensure completeness of all transactions, review and prepare journal entries, generate accounting posting and prepare periodical financial reporting;
- Help handle queries from senior management and auditors related to financial reporting issues and accounting treatment of products;
- Perform month end posting and reconciliations as well as other periodical ad hoc reportings to front desk/senior management.
- Involve in system development and perform UAT
- Prepare of audited accounts
- Handle disclosure working
Skills and Abilities
- 2-4 years of practical accounting experience gained in accounting / audit field;
- Has understanding of the accounting standards (HKFRS and IFRS) for financial instruments;
- Knowledge on vanilla derivatives products; knowledge and practical experience in dealing with structured products/fixed income products/derivatives is required;
- Previous working experience in investment banks is definitely a plus;
- Good numerical, analytical and Excel skills;
- Good command of English and Putonghua;
- Initiative with good interpersonal skill, be able to work independently and at the same time in a teamwork environment.
- University graduate.
- Student/Member of Professional Accounting bodies