Financial Crime Compliance Manager Retail Banking and Wealth Management Hong Kong - Compliance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Financial Crime Compliance Manager Retail Banking and Wealth Management Hong Kong
. Principal responsibilities
- The jobholder will be primarily responsible for providing compliance support to cover all of the Hong Kong and RBWM AML responsibilities.
- Support the Head of FCC, HK, Senior FCC RBWM Manager and Head of FCC RBWM, ASP to implement policy in Hong Kong for the anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing risk management framework to meet AML requirements and legislation.
- Implement the Bank's Financial Crime Compliance AML strategy, policy and standards, controls, systems and policies are being implemented in Hong Kong and for RBWM.
- Work with the FCC RBWM team in Hong Kong and regionally to maintain relevant contacts in Global Businesses and Global Functions to ensure consistent and effective application, implementation and controls to evidence related AML regional standards, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in relation to AML risk in Hong Kong including regulators
- Participate in and work with relevant industry bodies and groups such as Hong Kong Association of Banks, Wolfsberg Group and others in relation to AML related initiatives, trends and proposals.
- Provide support on the oversight and management, of all AML aspects of FCC in Hong Kong and for RBWM
- Stay at the forefront of key regulatory changes to ensure proactive communication with business and implement appropriate group policy and framework to manage the changes.
- Provide advice to RBWM business in Hong Kong on risk associated with prospective business, products and service and design mitigation controls and strategies as appropriate
- Intersecting with and representing FCC with senior business leadership
- Ensure that the Group's exposure to regulatory and reputational risks is managed in Hong Kong, in a commercially sensible, practical and cost effective manner
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and enable all team members to take reasonable time for learning and developmental activities
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with senior business managers at the Regional and Country levels.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Seasoned professional with experience in one or more senior risk compliance roles, to include significant AML experience.
- Extensive knowledge of AML regulations and guidance.
- Understanding of the HSBC Group structure and its corporate culture preferred.
- Significant experience in the financial services industry.
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues.
- Proven or excellent leadership skills and ability to matrix manage.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing an assurance model and leading a review team.
- Experience in leading assurance work in a complementary discipline such Audit would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business in Hong Kong
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Ability to implement practical, cost effective solutions to complex global issues in Hong Kong
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.