A Globally recognised Investment Bank is looking for a Financial Control - Team lead. The incumbent will be looking after both Financial Control and Cost Management Accounting for the IT Department.
- Responsible for the monthly HK Group & Local Financial Reporting packages including oversight over the quarterly regional Group consolidation process.
- Review and implementation of new accounting standards both USGAAP and IFRS.
- Accounting review and approval of new product requests.
- Responsible for the periodic filing of direct and indirect tax returns.
- Delivery of the annual legal entity budget.
- Presentation of finance material e.g. financials, budgets etc. to the HK Country Head and Executive Committees.
- Managing internal and external audit engagements from initiation through to completion.
- Review and approval of the HK SFC FRR return
- Responsible for the monthly closing process with specific focus on expense anomalies and variances.
- Forecast & budgeting.
- Provide technical advice on accounting treatment of technology and market data expenses.
- Provide management report and analytical review of technology, market data expenses and Technology allocations.
- Delivery of cost modelling and accounting analysis of Technology projects for management review.
- Delivery of allocation modelling of business scenarios.
- Identification and implementation of efficiency saves.
- Maintain and enhance the control & governance framework of the AEJ Finance Division.
- Collaborate and participate in regional projects and initiatives within the Finance Division
- Be a leader in digital transformation.
- Degree/ Qualified accountant with financial and management accounting background.
- Previous experience in a banking and financial environment would be highly advantageous.
- Understanding of and / or previous experience completing the HK SFC FRR return.
- Strong client/customer service orientation, consulting, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills with the ability to handle difficult situations.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A power user of Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint. Acumen and demonstrated knowledge to use Virtualization tool (i.e. PowerBI) will be advantageous.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization with ability to act as a change agent. Organized, detail oriented, good follow-up skills. Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with and proven track record in process improvement.