Finance and Operations Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- C.M. Capital Advisors (HK) Limited
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
We are a renowned group with international exposure looking to expand our business in Hong Kong and the PRC. Our Hong Kong affiliate, C.M. Capital Advisor (HK) Limited (“CMCA-HK”) was established in 2015 in Hong Kong and obtained our Type 9 License with SFC for asset management as well as Type 4 License for provision of securities advisory service in 2016. We are now seeking dedicated and motivated candidates to fill the Operations Manager position at CMCA-HK. For more information, please visit our group website at www.ccapital.com/.
As a Finance & Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the supervision of operations, accounting, treasury, HR and IT functions, improving performance, efficiency and contribute towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational objectives. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be supporting her across all core non-business “Manager In Charge” functions of CMCA-HK.
This vacancy provides excellent opportunity for candidates with accounting background looking to diversify into operational roles.
- Supporting the Chief Operating Officer across Finance and Accounting, Operational Control and Review, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering and Information Technology Functions of the Company’s licensed activities, as specified in the Securities Futures Ordinance.
- Managing the outsourced accounting, HR, IT and in-house administration functions to ensure smooth and coordinated functioning of the company’s day to day operations.
- Supporting the Chief Operating Officer on risk management function for our Type 4 and Type 9 licensed activities with good understanding of investment products and market dynamics and consequential investment risks.
- Liaising with the external auditor for year-end financial and compliance audit.
- Preparing periodic accounting related SFC reports and filings including the bi-annual statutory “Financial Resource Rules” filings.
- Setting and reviewing business plans, budgets, financial performance and managing costs. Overseeing monthly financial performance review and forecasts.
- Planning and controlling change. Improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of product launch, organizations mission, and compliance requirements.
- Performing financial feasibility study for new initiatives.
- Contributing to short and long term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Liaison with bankers and brokers for opening and operation of client and proprietary accounts and credit facilities.
- Successful candidates should be Qualified Accountants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from top universities in Accounting or Financial Management.
- 5 plus years post qualification work experience in finance and operations roles with licensed corporations or registered institutions.
- Excellent English and Mandarin verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, and ppt.
- Self-initiated, highly committed with strong problem solving skills and collaborative work style.
- Basic knowledge of financial products including public and private equities, debts, derivatives, structured products, options, futures, and forwards and passes in HKSI Papers 1, 2, and 6 will be a plus.