IDEG is the leading asset management firm in the digital asset space. The core team started quantitative trading on digital assets in 2013. Since then, we have grown to facilitate billions in trading execution, market-making, financing, and asset management. As the bridge between traditional investors and digital assets, IDEG is committed to offering compliant and secure financial services to institutional investors, family offices, and high-net-worth individuals.
In November 2019, IDEG announced the launch of Asia’s first Bitcoin trusts:
Asia Bitcoin Trust I (ABT)
Atlas Mining Trust I (AMT)
The two trusts are designed as a traditional and comfortable way for institutional clients to invest in digital assets. IDEG is a core business CTH group, which is a large-scale comprehensive investment holding platform. Carrying the mission of facilitating extensive adoption of emerging technology and aiming to improve the anti-fragility of the digital ecosystem, the Company supports fundamental innovation, develops computing infrastructure and explores management solutions of new assets.
CTH is headquartered in Shanghai and has branches/offices in North America, Hong Kong and Mainland China. The Company now exceeds 200 employees with strong industry and educational backgrounds from around the globe.
About the career opportunity
Finance Manager, Fund Accounting (digital asset management)
- Maintenance of the full books of accounts for various types of funds including preparation & review of the valuation reports on a timely basis.
- Monitor cash activity of the fund including cash transfer for investment needs, receipt of subscription proceeds, payment of redemption and fund’s operating expenses.
- Consolidation on multiple fund accounts for summary and reporting purpose
- Process subscriptions, redemption and distributions.
- Conduct anti-money laundering checks and handle investor communications.
- Liaise with investment managers, Auditors, custodians in relation to trading activity as required
- Communication with Fund Administrator, Valuer and Fund Auditor
- Prepare financial information and schedules for audit purposes, review draft financial statements and liaise with auditors to ensure timely completion of audits.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management
- Degree holder preferably in Accounting, Finance or related discipline with a keen interest in the Digital Assets space and emerging technology sector.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in asset management company and experience in fund administration is preferred.
- Experience in SFC type 1,4,9 financial institutions and experience in taking up Finance MIC (Manager-in-charge) is definitely a plus.
- Relevant professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA etc.) will be a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- A team player with a proactive working attitude and willing to take on multiple functions.
- Detail minded with good problem-solving skills and able to work independently under pressure.
- Knowledge of various financial instruments with direct working experience of Bloomberg terminal will be beneficial.