Finance - Asia Client Reporting Controller, Director (Hong Kong)
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Department Profile: The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world?s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley?s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful analytical support in Client Revenue reporting for Equity Business across Asia region to facilitate business decisions
- Partner with the key stakeholders, to identify trends, patterns and area of potential growth to align with and achieve the Equities Division strategic goals
- Maintain and control the use of accounts to ensure all booking are properly classified and booked
- Analyze Client revenue components and be able to relate revenue to firm P&L
- Understand the overall workflow and process and well plan the reporting schedule to ensure on time delivery
- Identify areas to improve efficiency and quality in booking and reporting, including planning and implementing necessary changes and enhancements
- Work with Regional and Local teams to manage data quality, and to ensure the information is sufficiently robust for decision-making purposes
- Engage in various cross-divisional/region and ad-hoc projects, and assisting in queries from stakeholders
Team Profile: The Equities Reporting Team partner with the Business, including: COO, Client Business Analytics team, CFO, Regional CEOs and Senior Management team in implementing Regional Agendas. The Team works closely with internal finance teams to develop key critical financial analysis that supports Senior Management on strategic planning and business decisions.