FX Senior Java Application Developer
12 Months Agency Contract
(Please give an overview of the business area and describe current and future project/areas that the candidate will be working).
The FX business is a key component within Bank's Global Banking and Markets division. Using sales teams located throughout the world, the FX business enables customers to execute FX spot and forward transactions through a diverse range of channels in a large number of currency pairs.
FX eRisk IT team has a mandate to design and implement new components specifically targeted at achieving a greater share of the FX market. A number of key programmes are already underway. These are focussed on reducing latency in trader position management, improving the quality of customer pricing and enhancing algorithmic trading capabilities.
Purpose of the job
The successful candidate will work with other team-members to design, develop, test and release the various server-side components for which the team is responsible. This will include:
- Algo trading and automated risk management (Global trading hubs)
- Development of the core pricing technology and integration with the Algo risk management
- Development of Algo Order Management platforms.
Experience working on enterprise systems is essential but at the same time track record of agile delivery of Quant and Business requirements is a must.
(Please describe the role that the Candidate will be undertaking within the team)
As a senior Java developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
· Liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
· Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
· Work effectively with any external consultancies engaged during the project to provide technical and graphical design expertise.
· Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
· Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
· Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
· Participate in intra-day and overnight Support rotas (when required).
· Java server side development experience is essential. The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge of multi-threaded development.
· Demonstrable experience implementing global, distributed systems in a 24 * 5.5 trading environment is essential.
· Experience of SQL and relational databases is essential and experience of Oracle advantageous.
· Knowledge of FIX Protocol and related Java APIs is advantageous.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017