Executive Director, Strategic Investors Group, CCIB
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
This is a Relationship Manager role in Strategic Investors Group (SIG), Financial Institutions, Hong Kong. Candidate will head the coverage of Chinese Insurance groups in HK for SIG. A specific budget will be allocated to the insurance portfolio for this individual. In managing an allocated portfolio, the following will be key responsibilities:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Develop client relationships with decision makers and at senior management levels. Also, to facilitate development of working relationships between relevant Product Partners (e.g., Transaction Banking, Financial Markets team) and clients' business units.
- Self-initiation to fully understand clients' needs and coordinate internal resources to bring our full banking proposition to clients across Transactional Banking and Financial Markets products. Also, delivering SCB's full potential for this sector in Greater Bay Area (GBA).
- Work with GAMs, FAMs and Product Partners in maximizing network and cross-sale opportunities, deepening overall relationship.
- Manage the allocated portfolio, originate and work on business opportunities presented
- Manage deals execution and contributing to team objectives. A key focus will be driving Financial Markets products growth, including DCM, Rates, FX, Credit, structured credit products. Understanding of credit analysis.
- Actively review/update Deals in Pipeline focusing on priorities consistently with strategic intent and balancing revenue growth with risks.
- Responsible for credit risk and credit quality of the portfolio and be able to flag up early warning signals to the Credit function. Effectively communicating and work with client to restructure facilities to minimize Bank's exposures.
- Proactively monitor Anti-money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Clients (KYC) risk by implementing the Bank's anti-money-laundering procedures
- Deliver agreed portfolio revenue targets and objectives.
- Awareness and understanding of FI HK and insurers' business strategy. Align with segment level strategy for the SIG segment
- Provide training and knowledge sharing with team members. Lead through example and help embed group's values. Ensuring good connectivity with China SIG team.
- University degree holder with relevant discipline.
- Minimum 15 years+ experience dealing with Financial Institution clients, preferably handling insurance clients.
- Strong knowledge in key Financial Market products
- Driven individual who can drive business and can deliver on agreed targets / objectives
- Clearly demonstrating up-tiering of key client relationships (cross-sales/product revenue diversification, wallet share and access to senior management)
- Showcase understanding of insurance balance sheets and credit risks from this sector.
- English and Mandarin is a must
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working