Executive Director, Private Banking Investment Advisory
- Negotiable HKD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
An exciting opportunity arises in Standard Chartered Private Bank.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Investment Advisor will work closely with Relationship Managers to provide overall investment advice to meet the investment needs of our clients. The principal objective of the position is to enhance the relevance of the Bank to the clients, thereby leading to an increased share of wallet, revenues and client experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Focus on suitability of investments for dedicated group of clients; understand client risk appetite, investment preference and return expectations
- Liaise with Relationship Managers to produce account plans aimed at developing the client relationship including growth of assets and profitability
- Provide a tailored portfolio and trading service of relevant and suitable investment solutions
- Provide timely analysis of market and product information
- Be capable of addressing multi-asset class product requirements
- Review client investment portfolios on an annual basis using Portfolio Insight
- Deliver good investment performance commensurate with the clients' risk and return appetite
- Timely and accurate execution of client orders
- Understand specific client issues, including restrictions, so as to provide optimal solutions
- Identify opportunities/solutions from the wider SCB group which benefit the clients
- Act as a trusted investment advisor of choice, e.g., acts as sounding board for competitor proposals
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid knowledge and exposure to a wide range of investment products, preferable in multi-asset class underlying including equity, foreign exchange, fixed income, credits, commodity and mutual funds
- Polished presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability and acumen in building strong relationship with working partners and with clients
- Knowledge in Risk, Regulatory and Legal & Compliance areas
- Linguistic skills aligned to client base will be a strong plus
- The ability to be a solution-partner to Relationship Managers
- Proactive, disciplined, result-oriented, desire to excel, strong team spirit
- License Person of Type 1 and Type 4 under HKMA/SFC
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Director
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.